Water & Sewer Billing

Billing Cycle

We accept cash, checks, or debit/credit cards for deposits and payment of utility bills. There is an additional service charge for credit card payments. A $20 charge will be added for returned checks.

Visit our Pay Online Page with card or e-check (service charge will apply).

  1. 1st of the month: Bills are mailed.
  2. 15th of the month: Bills are due. A 10% penalty is added on bills paid after the 15th.
  3. 20th of the month: Cutoff notices mailed. $10 delinquent charge. Payment due by 25th.
  4. 26th of the month: Service disconnected* - additional $15 reconnect fee.

If we disconnect service and you wish to be reinstated with service after normal business hours (8 am to 4 pm), there is a $45 charge to be paid before services are reconnected.

New Customers

No connections can be made on the day service is applied for. Service will be connected the following business day. To apply for service, new customers must:

  • Complete an application for service (PDF) at City Hall or download a copy
  • Provide a deposit ($75 for homeowners; $125 for renters)
  • Present a photo I.D.
  • Present a copy of rental agreement (if applicable)

ACH Authorization (PDF) form-print, complete and return to set up auto-payments directly from your bank account.


Water Service$0.31 per 100 gallons ($19.99 minimum)
Sewer Service$0.64 per 100 gallons ($10.20 minimum)

Commercial & Outside City limits customers, please call for charges.

Additionally, customers are billed for water and sewer capital improvements, primacy fees, Pilot, and sales tax.

(Effective Jan 1, 2023)

Tracking Water Usage

Would you like to track your water usage? Visit My Water Advisor 2 or download the Water Advisor 2.0 app on your phone.  When registering, you must add two zeros before your account number and one zero after.  Contact City Hall with any questions.   

Procedure for an Adjustment After a Leak

  • Leak must occur in an outside line (from the property to the meter) to qualify. Inside faucet or toilet issues that cause high water usage cannot be adjusted. For leaks under a property, the inspector must be contacted in advance to decide if it is adjustable.
  • A plumbing permit must be purchased from City Hall. They are $10 and any owner/tenant or plumber may purchase.
  • The repair must be inspected and approved by a City Inspector, then the bill may be adjusted.

Please call the Water Department in City Hall at 417-859-2352 with questions.